Monday, December 14, 2015

Jan DuBose's scandalously good chocolate chip cake

Ingredients:
  • Duncan Hines Deluxe Yellow Cake Mix (Jan says that if you must make the cake mix from scratch, knock yourself out, but the cake won't be better than hers) 
  • 1 package of instant vanilla pudding 
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup oil (I'm assuming cooking oil here, but let me know)
  • 10 cups water NO, WAIT! Surely you cannot be serious. Yes, I AM serious, and DON'T call me Shirley!  Oh, Jan says make that ONE cup!  Sorry, my bad.
Prepare: 
  • blend above ingredients and beat for 2 minutes (nice 'phones, Dre sez hey)
  • add 1 package of MINI chocolate chips (Jan does not mention just how large this package should be; she has more faith in your decision-making than I do)
  • add 4 oz of jimmies (pick your fav Jimmies:  Hendrix, Fallon, Durante, Rice for BoSox fans, etc.)
  • pour into tube pan and bake @ 350 degrees for 1 hour (we MUST caution once again that you DO NOT bake at 360 degrees, for you will be back where you started!)
  • Slice and serve (not to be confused with a sliced serve, of which Jan has a beauty). 

Jan suggests a tasteful Victoria's Secret teddy just in case you've got some batter remaining and you're in a playful mood. Otherwise, stick it in the fridge.

Suggested music:
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting concept. I like it!